BLDC Motor vs Induction Motor
We are habitual to our ceiling fans, without which our ceilings look empty and incomplete. What if our fans took a turn and provided us with a luxurious look and comfort? Yes, you got it right. Fans can give you a sense of comfort with luxury accompanied by modern technology. Wonder how is it possible with ordinary fans? The usual standard in the modern era is to use BLDC fans, which promote luxury with energy efficiency. A standard fan is not liable to the same as the run on an AC motor compared to a brushless DC motor.
BLDC fans are way different from ordinary fans in every way. The phenomenon used by the BLDC fan is a brushless DC motor, unlike traditional ceiling fans that use an AC motor. The question arises: What is a BLDC motor fan? How is it different from a traditional fan? Let’s discuss the difference between a normal fan and a BLDC fan.
What is a BLDC motor?
A Brushless Direct-Current motor is an electronic replaced DC motor with no brushes. The resistor supplies current to the motor winding, which handles the torque and the speed of the conventional motor.
BLDC motors produce large amounts of torque over a wide speed range because they are highly efficient. They contain permanent magnets that help to rotate around a stable structure for current transfer to the armature. Electric commutation handles smooth operations because of the broad scope of flexibility and capabilities.
A Brushless Direct-Current motor is an electronic replaced DC motor with no brushes. The resistor supplies current to the motor winding, which handles the torque and the speed of the coeval motor.
BLDC motor in products like Energion HS is highly efficient in generating an enormous quantity of torque over an extensive speed span. They contain permanent magnets that help to rotate around a stable structure through magnetic fields for current transfer to the armature. Electric commutation handles smooth operations because of the broad scope of flexibility and capabilities.
Automate brushless DC technology in motors requiring high torque and capture the technological market. Unlike an induction motor, is in the market for decades. BLDC motor used in fans, which are new here.
Importance of BLDC motor in the BLDC fans
Apart from the fact that BLDC fans save energy regardless of whether an induction motor drives them. The importance of BLDC motor fans:
1. BLDC fans use less power than an induction motor fan. BLDC fans consume around 35 Watts, unlike an ordinary fan that consumes about 80 Watts. That proves them the energy-efficient fans.
2. BLDC motor has a longer life span as they do not get heated because of the magnetic fields around the fan, not in the center of the fan. A standard fan gets overheated.
3. BLDC fans are silent as compared to a standard fan.
4. Accurate Speed control, with the help of the remote control, can set the speed, timer, and even sleep. This feature makes it convenient to use.
5. BLDC motor contains an updated technology as it works on the permanent magnet and winding coils.
6. They are luxurious and stylish fans and are sleek in design.
7. BLDC motor fans consume low power, making them inverter-friendly and cost-saving machines. Most people like to buy large batteries for inbuilt inverters for longer fan runtime.
Above are the advantages of the BLDC motor fans. But every coin has two sides, so BLDC motor fans also have a few disadvantages over the fan use of BLDC technology.
Disadvantages of the BLDC motor in BLDC fans
BLDC motor fans are more costly than induction motor fans, is hard to find service technicians as there is less knowledge in the market. Other disadvantages are:
1. BLDC motor fans do not run via regulators because of their distinct electrical design. They operate on the remote control and have 2 AAA Batteries, so they need more batteries.
2. A Brushless DC motor has an inherent frequency that can match the vibrations in the body that create a resonance effect.
These disadvantages are easy to resolve, so one can buy them without thinking much.
What is the Difference Between a BLDC motor and an Induction Motor?
Brushless DC vs Induction
An induction motor’s technology has been around for decades and is outdated for the next generation, while a BLDC motor uses high-tech to meet our everyday needs. Millennials require fast response times and on-demand technologies provided by modern solutions.
Let’s discuss the difference between the BLDC motor and induction motor techniques.
1. BLDC motor has different applications in DVD players, hybrid vehicles, refrigerators, CNC device tools, industrial robots, etc. An induction motor has applications in Lift Cranes, Crushers, Hoists, and exhaust fans (large capacity)
2. BLDC motor is compact in magnitude as compared to a bigger induction motor.
3. BLDC motor is cost-effective and energy-efficient as compared to an induction motor.
4. Motors that use permanent magnets, like BLDC motors, are more expensive than those that are induction motors.
5. The stator and rotor of the BLDC motor go hand-in-hand. An induction motor experience a gap as the rotor operates at a lower frequency than the stator. That creates a load on the motor.
6. An induction motor does not require a controller in case of fixed speed, but a variable rate requires a controller. But a BLDC motor requires a controller at any rate.
7. The drivers in the BLDC motor are brushless and can also work at integrated power factors, whereas the best power element for the AC drive is 85% approx.
Does BLDC Fan require a Regulator or Capacitor?
An ordinary fan uses a voltage regulator to control the fan’s speed, but the BLDC motor fans do not depend on regulators. A voltage regulator is a slow device for current availability according to the device requirements. This process takes a long time as the device checks the distinct store for the required current.
A capacitor is a compact reservoir of electric current. When the fan requires additional electric voltage, the capacitor fulfills that requirement from reserves. A regulator goes off if it needs the voltage in an abundant quantity.
What is BLDC fan technology?
A brushless direct-current (BLDC) motor is an advanced electric motor with an electronic commutator system. There is a linear relationship between rpm and torque current voltage in a BLDC motor. Commutation arrangements frame the crucial difference between a traditional and BLDC fan.
In simple words, commutation means a technique of shifting the direction of the electric motor current for rotational movement. BLDC motor carries a permanent magnet combined with electronics to accomplish the performance and efficiency of the fans. A BLDC fan is composed of three key components:
A BLDC motor consists of a permanent magnet called the rotor. The magnet-generate magnetic field in the rotor interacts with the electric field in the stator. They interact and create electromagnetic fields for the working of a BLDC motor fan.
Compared to ordinary fans, a BLDC fan is a money saver for the customers as it saves up to Rs 1000-1500 per year. A BLDC motor fan also has a longer lifespan than ordinary fans because of heat generation.