Electric Kettles | Multipurpose Tea Kettle
An electric tea kettle is an appliance, which can help you make tea, coffee or soup within minutes! It is also useful for boiling water and milk.
An electric water kettle is extremely simple and hassle-free to use. It converts electricity to heat and cooks the items it contains. If you’re craving something tasty and spicy like pasta or noodles at night, a kettle definitely will soothe your midnight cravings. Electric kettles offer multiple advantages.
Uses of electric kettle
Electric kettles are becoming one of the most useful appliances all around. They are present not only in kitchens but in hotel rooms as well. And the reason behind their popularity is the multiple purposes they serve. Here are some of the best ways to use a kettle.
1. Making a perfect cup of tea
Making tea with a hot water kettle is super easy. Since it boils the water at twice the rate of a stove, you can prepare your masala chai in almost no time.
2. Boil eggs
Are you a health freak who likes to start your day with a boiled egg or two? Then the electric kettle is the right solution for you. Yes, you read it right. You can boil eggs too in a tea kettle. Make sure your kettle doesn’t have open coils at the bottom. Or, even if they do, you can tilt your kettle at a certain angle to ensure the eggs don’t ever touch the heating element.
3. Cook ready-to-eat meals
Not feeling like cooking today? Well, then maybe cook something in a hot water kettle. Feeling confused? Perhaps you don’t know that you can use hot kettles to make instant food items like noodles, soup, and cup ramen that require hot water.
4. Do the dishes
Dirty food stains are hard to remove with water and detergents alone. Therefore, you can use boiled water from your water kettle to get the job done. Since hot water kettles take less time to heat, you can use them to clean some dirty vessels. Just pour water on the soiled dishes and leave them covered with a lid for 30 minutes. When you return, the stains will be softened enough to rub off.
5. Spa treatment
Doesn’t every spa treatment start with boiling water? It does, and now you can boil water using your water kettle in order to soak your feet or get tender face steam.
Crompton’s Electric Kettle
Crompton is a leading brand in home & kitchen appliances giving consumers the best products. And what makes their electric kettles so unique is the technological features they come loaded with. So, let’s take a look at some of the salient features offered by Crompton.
1. Cool Touch Body Feature
People often complain about how hard it is to use a hot kettle because of the excessive heating on the outer side of the kettle. Crompton’s ActivHot Electric kettle comes with a cool touch feature that ensures that while the water boils the outer surface remains safe to touch. Now while the water boils inside your electric kettle, the outer surface remains safe to touch.
2. One touch open-lid
Another critical aspect of a hot kettle is its ease of use. And Crompton has made its kettles more accessible and easier to use by providing a one-touch open-lid facility. This feature ensures that you don’t burn your fingers while trying to open the kettle’s lid. A single mechanic will ensure that your kettle opens without hassle.
3. Come with mesh filters
Many beverages like masala tea and lemon tea come with unwanted ingredients. And you have to use an external mesh or filter to take care of them while pouring your favourite drink. Not with Crompton’s DeluxeHot Electric Kettle, though. They come with an inbuilt mesh near the sprout that helps you to serve your favourite beverages without fussing about unwanted elements.
4. Easy to clean
Cleaning a hot water kettle is difficult, especially when you use it to boil liquids other than water. But Crompton has made it easy. Our water kettles come with wider mouths so that you can comfortably put your hands inside them. Further, their Deluxe Hot kettle is made of Borosilicate glass, which is durable and stain resistant. Hence you don’t need to put in much effort to clean these electric kettles.
Before buying any electrical appliances, you need to be aware of their functioning, which determines the one you should buy. And an electric hot kettle is no different. So let’s take a look at the things you must keep in mind before buying an electric kettle for yourself.
- Capacity: This is one of the most critical features of any kettle. The ideal capacity of a kettle depends on individual usage. Generally, hot kettles are available in a range between 0.5 litres to 1.8 litres.
- Heating performance: Second on the list of essential features is heating performance. And why shouldn’t it be? If your kettle takes longer to boil water, then what use would it be? Electric kettles offer heating of 750 watts to 1500 watts. So, choose the right one depending on your requirements.
- Body construction: Safety is essential when considering a hot water kettle. So always ensure you buy a kettle with good insulation and strong handles.
- Price: The prices of Crompton’s electric kettle range from Rs. 1300 to Rs. 3000.
Precautions While Using a Kettle
Though Electric kettles are safe and healthy to use, the life expectancy of an electronic device is directly proportional to how well you maintain it. Hence, below is the list of precautions you can take to give your kettle a longer life.
- Clean: wash your kettle thoroughly using warm water and vinegar to ensure it doesn’t get limescale.
- Don’t store water in it: you should never keep water for an extended period as it can lead to the formation of limescale.
- Boil the amount of water you need: if you work your heating coil unnecessarily, the burden of extra use will wear it down over time.
- Don’t run an empty kettle: running an empty kettle damages the heating elements and curtails your machine’s life expectancy.
Elecric Kettle FAQs
1. Can I make tea in an electric kettle?
Yes, you can make tea in an electric kettle. After the water has finished boiling you can add in the tea leaves and wait for it to infuse in the water.
2. Can I make coffee in an electric kettle?
Like tea, coffee can also be prepared using a hot water kettle.
3. How do you clean an electric kettle?
Before you begin cleaning, make sure that it is not hot. Never put your kettle beneath running water. Always use warm water and add some vinegar to create the perfect solution. Then use a scrub to clean the insides of your kettle.
4. Does leaving a kettle plugged in use electricity?
Yes, leaving a kettle plugged in uses a small amount of electricity even when not in use.