Everything you need to know before buying your Brand New Air Cooler
Tropical countries such as India make us experience different seasons throughout the year. However, the only drawback is they sometimes tend to get intense. Summer, especially, can sometimes get very agitating! To counter the heat, people have tried almost everything under the sun. Ranging from using natural cooling techniques to installing hi-tech cooling devices. This summer season, air coolers for home are the solution you are looking for: easy to use, economical, and eco-friendly. They are the best cooling option to regulate the temperatures keep your bills under control. However, choosing the right cooler can be perplexing. So, we bring to you this air cooler buying guide to help you get the right air cooler. We’ve put together this consolidated list for you
Factors you should consider while buying an air cooler.
The climate where you live should influence your decision on which air cooler to purchase. Determining whether to choose evaporative/desert coolers or portable coolers? Evaporative cooling is a lifesaver when it comes to cooling indoor spaces, especially in hot weather. Desert air coolers, on either hand, would be sufficient to chill a huge area such as a hall. While they consume more energy, space, and water, they provide superior cooling. Portable coolers on the other hand are ideal if you prefer individual use and a smaller space.
Every air cooler is designed to cool a certain space. It’s crucial to select one based on the size of the room in which it’ll be put. In a larger space, a small cooler may not provide appropriate cooling. Whereas a large cooler in a small space may produce excessive humidity. The conventional formula for determining the size of air cooler for home is based on the required airflow for the given room size.
Features to look for in air coolers
- Air throw distance – An air cooler cools the entire area, that’s where air throw distance comes into play. Greater air throw is attained by the angle of fan blades. Coolers with high angled fan blades are able to carry cool air to longer distances. It results in a bigger area being chilled.
- Tank capacity – Air coolers have varied capacities. You must select the cooler with the appropriate tank capacity for your room. The key principle is that a huge water tank will cool for extended period of time. And vice versa.
- Autofill – We’re confident you don’t want to be interrupted anytime to replenish the cooler tank. A good cooler should last all night without needing to be refilled. Auto-Fill tank features are useful for smaller capacity coolers. As they replace the water on a continuous basis.
- Air cooling pads – A cooling pad can keep your space cold for a longer period of time. Honeycomb cooling pads are prominent due to their effectiveness in long-lasting cooling. They are finer because they can hold and absorb more water. Which results in longer and more effective cooling.
- Some of the other features that you might want to look upon air cooler buying tips are :
- Ice chambers
- Anti-mosquito feature
- Dust filter
- AC/DC compatibility
- Remote control system.
The operational cost for each air cooler varies greatly across different models. It is essential that you choose air coolers wisely. It might potentially remove the laborious and costly ‘start-halt-start-stop’ procedures of earlier systems. Which results in significantly lower energy consumption and significant cost savings.
The days of huge air coolers with drab designs are long gone. Today’s air coolers come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and attractive designs. They allow you to select one that complements your décor. You can enjoy chilling comfort but also the pride with the new-age, fashionable air coolers.
These ins and outs of selecting the correct air coolers can help you beat the summer heat. This air cooler buying guide to help you get the right air cooler for home. Directing you to towards the best choice. To discover more, browse Crompton air coolers.