How to Clean an Air Fryer? Your Step-by-Step Guide
Tired of feeling guilty for indulging in fried foods? Look no further, Crompton’s air fryer is here to save the day. Air fryers are a healthier option to cook tasty snacks like french fries. But just like any kitchen appliance, it needs a little to be taken care of to run smoothly. Air fryers are a popular kitchen appliance that allows you to cook your favourite foods with little to no oil, making them a healthier alternative to deep frying.
Here are a few steps you should take to properly clean your air fryer, as well as precautions to make the process as easy as possible. So let’s dive into the ins and outs of cleaning your air fryer so you can keep on frying (guilt-free!).
How to Clean an Air Fryer?
Even though cooking with an air fryer is an exciting experience, you must understand how to wash an air fryer as it will help you maintain it for a longer time. If you are drowning with questions like “how to clean an air fryer basket?” Don’t worry! We will help you understand everything about cleaning air fryer appliances.
“How to clean an air fryer” is one of the most commonly asked questions by first-time air fryer owners. Here are a few basic steps to cleaning the air fryer.
- If you are just done using your air fryer for cooking, the first step is to unplug the air fryer and then allow it to cool down for approximately half an hour.
- Take out the air fryer baskets and pans and wash them using soap and warm water. If you are confused about how to clean the grease from an air fryer, take careful note of the next step
- If there is baked-on grease or food on any of the parts of an air fryer, soak the component in hot, soapy water for about 10 minutes. Then, scrub the surface using a non-abrasive sponge.
*Note*: some parts of the air fryer may be dishwasher-safe too; you can follow the instructions that come with its manual in such cases.
- Wipe down the interiors of the air fryer using a damp, soapy microfiber cloth, followed by a clean, damp cloth, and then a wipe using a dry cloth.
- Now, turn the appliance upside down and clean the heating element with a damp cloth.
- If you find any sort of hard residue on the appliance, use a soft-bristled scrub brush to scrub a paste of baking soda and water on it. You can then use a clean cloth to wipe it away.
- Use a soapy, damp cloth to wipe down the air fryer exteriors, followed by a clean, damp cloth.
- You must then thoroughly dry the main appliance and each air fryer part before reassembling them.
Also, if you are looking for an answer to the question, “How to clean rust in an air fryer?” all you need to do is create a solution of white vinegar with a little water and add it into the air fryer. Let it sit for about 10 minutes. Then turn the air fryer on high and let that run for about 5 minutes. Once done, you can clean the air fryer using dry paper.
Precautions While Cleaning an Air Fryer
Now that you know the basics of how to clean an air fryer, you must keep these precautionary tips in mind to avoid making any mistakes in terms of cleaning and maintenance.
- Never use abrasive sponges to clean the air fryer.
- Never submerge your air fryer in water as it is an electrical appliance.
- Unplug your appliance before you begin to clean.
- In case of residual odours, you can cut a lemon in half and rub the cooking surface; then, let it set for about 30 minutes before cleaning it away.
- Use only food-safe cleaners to clean your air fryer.
Also Read: All about Air Fryers
Crompton’s Air Fryer
If you are on a quest for the best air fryers for your home, you must check out the range of Crompton air fryers. The NourisPro DG 1500 Watt Air Fryer with oil-free cooking is a masterpiece with jet turbo fins and a superhelix heating element for you to cook crispy foods like a pro. Below are some of its mindblowing features:
- A large circular inner bowl with a capacity of 4.5 litres to cook more food at once
- Variable temperature control of up to 200 degrees
- A timer control of upto 60 minutes to help you cook, grill, and bake anything as per your taste and mood
The NourisPro Mechanical Air Fryer with Rapid Air Technology, on the other hand, comes with all that in addition to the quick fry technology.
The best part about investing in Crompton’s air fryer is not just the benefits that come with it in terms of features, but the warranty and return policy that ensures customer satisfaction in all senses. That’s right! These marvellous air fryers come with a 3-year warranty on the heating element and a 2-year warranty on the product. If you need help buying an air fryer, read our guide. Invest in your Crompton air fryer now!
1. Can you wash the air fryer basket?
Yes, you can! If you’re wondering how to wash the air fryer basket, simply wash it in warm water with dish soap and set it aside to dry overnight.
2. Do you have to wash the air fryer after every use?
Yes! Every time you use an air fryer machine to make delectable dishes, certain bits of food stay behind, and if not cleaned properly, these will keep burning on further uses, which will eventually affect its performance and leave the food tasting odd.
3. Can you wash the air fryer in a dishwasher?
No, you should not do this as the air fryer has an electrical unit, which can prove to be dangerous if exposed to water. You can, however, wash the air fryer oven basket in the dishwasher.